Oh how I wish this post was about my favorite memory in the whole world that is attached to this song (things i'll never say), a convertible, and the morning of my wedding.
Alas, that is another blog in itself.
No, this is about a blog of Kelly's that inspired me.
She wrote about things she never thought she'd be into &
one thing I NEVER thought I'd do would be....
Spell out words.
And yet I do. My little babes are becoming more verbal by the minute - seriously, it is FREAKISH. Elias has been practically mute for two years and all of a sudden now, he is speaking whole sentences out of the blue!
So here are the words I am destined to spell out for
the next few years, I'm afraid:
- t-r-e-a-t. (this can mean anything from a cookie to a special trip)
- b-a-t-h. (my kids love baths more than life itself. i've found myself just eradicating the word shower or bath from my vocabulary and instead I say, "Tomorrow morning I need to work out and then take a b-a-t-h." even if my kids are not around.)
- w-a-l-k. (meaning - in the stroller, around the neighborhood)
- b-y-e-b-y-e. (glory is the biggest social butterfly i've ever met and she wakes up in the morning ready to go 'byebye!'. i try not to tell her we're leaving until the second we walk out the door but she has learned a few triggers: if I pull out benj's carseat, if I put on makeup or shoes, or if i look for the keys - she starts screaming "BYEBYE!")
- h-o-u-s-e. (elias happens to be the opposite of gloriana in that he is a HUGE homebody. so if we're out somewhere and i accidentally say house, it's all over. he also know when we get of the highway if we're going home or not and will cry or delight accordingly.
- w-o-r-d-w-o-r-l-d. (their favorite show in the whole universe.)
- s-n-a-c-k. (saying this world in the wrong context to a connolly child is also dangerous. 'snack' can only mean a packet of fruit snacks. if you say, "Elias - you want a snack?!" and give him banana, watch your back sister.
- d-a-d-d-y. if I can't produce him in an instant or take them to where he is, it's better if i just pretended he doesn't exist. i've tried redirecting them to pray for him, draw a picture for him, call him, look at pictures of him... no go. he is the ultimate t-r-e-a-t.