That's right. I'm about to talk all kinds of romantic about some pizza.
Deep dish. Sweet potato. Bacon. Spinach. Pizza.
I use this very easy, highly affective (effective?!) wheat pizza dough recipe weekly.
But lately I've been craving something crazy.
Sweet potatoes in EVERYTHING. I am definitely trying a sweet potato smoothie tomorrow.
Here's what I did for this baby tonight:
- prepared pizza dough and set aside
- baked bacon in the oven and took off my vegan hat for the night
(12 minutes at 375 degrees, and come on - just one night)
- roasted sweet potatoes in the oven and let cool
(45 minutes, 400 degrees)
- skipped my pizza pan and went straight for a deep-dish, brownie style pizza
- sauce. sweet potato chunks. spinach sauteed with garlic. mozzarella for the un-dairy-impaired. bacon toppings for all.
- 20 minutes altogether at 400.
What I would do if I did this again:
- Maybe make two.
- Caramelize onions for the mixture.
- Add some rosemary somewhere.
All in all, this dinner was a love story.
It was beautiful and passionate and incredible and I loved it.
I'd marry it if I wasn't already.
And if I didn't already put my vegan hat back on.