Messy Weekends for the Win
Today's my tenth post in a 31 days series about Practicing Messy Motherhood.
Weekends are some of the best time to let go of the tidy and the schedule and let messy into the routine. Here are a few things I'm trying to practice the messy in a meaningful way.
- Deleting all the apps and email off my phone. I can't make it meaningful if I'm not present.
- Keep it lazy. Let them stay in jammies or sleep in their clothes.
- Do a crazy craft. Let the glitter get on the floor and you can clean up the glue later.
- Be with people. Invite friends over, go to their house.
- Have a dance party.
- Make a messy meal. Don't clean up the dishes right away, just savor each other.
- Let those crazy kids jump on your bed.
- Play legos with them.
- Cuddle up and read together.
For me, the heart of practicing messy is about not cleaning it up or making it tidy or making it look like it's "supposed to". It's loving our family and loving IN our family, right where we are, as we are. Hope you have the sweetest, messiest weekend.