kids in the same room, take 1

So I reread all the sweet comments you cutey little blog readers suggested about putting my kids in the same nursery. Um, what in the heck does it mean that it will all work out?! Hahaha.... Kelly and Rachel, I love both of you - but it did not "work out"! Last night we did bedtime as usual - Elias and Glory have always shared the same bedtime routine. Dinner together, diapers changed, jammies on, dad reading, rocking all together - Dad and Elias in the rocker, Mommy & Glory on the stool. We showed Elias how Glory was going to get in her crib and how he'd stay in his.... let him feel it out.

Now, to back up - around 90% of the time, Glory falls asleep on her own without any passy or blanket, just sort of singing herself to sleep. The other 10% of the time is ugh... another story. Those nights, she screams for about thirty minutes - with her eyes shut - until she finally lets us come in and stuff a passy in her mouth and she passes out. She won't actually take a passy or I'd start off with that from the get go. It's honestly a crap shoot. Elias goes to sleep at 7pm and we don't even HEAR him until 8am, sometimes as late as 9am. He is actually a teenage boy in a toddlers body.

So, back to last night. Glory wasn't the one who started the crying - but sweet little Elias. I honestly think he was crazy worried about her, because he just kept looking at her huffing and puffing... this of course greatly disturbed her. So I let them carry on for about twenty minutes, then patted her to sleep and rocked him for a while until he was sure she was ok. Elias woke up a few times before midnight, huffing and puffing again (REALLY not like him) until he was convinced she was alright. All quiet for a while.

I woke up at 1am to Glory seriously - singing. I don't know who woke up who, but I'm assuming that Elias woke her up and she then decided it was time to be awake and couldn't fall back asleep. I was so exasperated I grabbed all her stuff, had Nick give her a bottle, and then set her back up in Nick's office. Elias still continued to wake up SEVERAL times, even without her in the room, and we had to rock him & calm him down.

I'm at a loss. I'm not giving up. I will be victorious. I'm going to give them a few days to get the hang of it at naptime and try nighttime out again in a few days. It's 1:28 and naptime starts in 32 minutes. I have a calm, cool exterior but I'm sweating bullets on the inside. Pray for us, ya'll.