just ignore me.
Seriously, am I about to write a blog about
the Real Housewives of New Jersey?
the Bravo TV show?
Is it slightly important in the grand scheme of things? nope.
Is it good, quality, wholesome tv? not really.
Should you probably read ahead if you have even a mid-level of intelligence? nah, dawg.
But I can't help myself.
Seriously, y'all - I can say with full confidence - this has been my favorite tv show of all time. Over Friends, Seinfeld, Lost, American Idol - you name it. My favorite is by far RHO-newjersey.
Why, you ask. (or probably not since you're not reading this)
1. Dina. Best character progression in a reality tv show, ever. She started out seeming like a shallow meany, and she turns out to be the really warm mama who decides mid-show to quit her career and spend time with her daughter. I just loved watching every scene with her & her daughter, Lexi, because she spends so much time laughing. I can't spend five minutes with Glory without laughing - even when I'm disciplining her - I love it when mamas have fun with their girls.
2. The b-word. If you watch it, you know it. I'm assuming for propriety sake that this blog readership is mixed company so I won't say it but I will tell you that Nick and I have added it to our vocabulary.
3. That their family is thick as theives. Here's a good clip that has inspired me to get a watchdog.
4. I gotta say, I love that they all for real have mob connections. I guess I don't really like the fact that they could have me whacked (isn't that what they call it?), but I don't think they would - I think they'd invite me to lunch & I'd tell them about Jesus. And they'd tell me about plastic surgery.
5. I love that Theresa secretly spoke in italian to her husband on the finale last night. You think she is just a silly stage mom, no way - that lady has some brains.
Ok, almost done.
If you're still reading and you like this silly show as much as I do:
here are some inspirational links to keep you going:
- Thank you JPH for this beaut: An old VH1 of Dina's wedding! And her husband!
- The ladies blogs