have you met Laura?
Good morning, ya'll!
Here is your second introduction (here is the first, in case you missed it) to the wonderful Laura, of Bits of Splendor and the Splendor shop. She is one of my favorite people on the interwebs and I'm so thankful she's one of our sponsors.
1. What is your favorite passage of scripture right now?Isaiah 61:3 ......."the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of His Splendor."
This chapter in Isaiah has been significant to my husband and I over the years for different reasons and at different times. We see it as our testimony. We stand on every word of it from beginning to end. We know that everything we have walked through and continue to walk through, is for Him, and His glory....His Splendor.
2. Describe your perfect date night with your husband?Honestly, my perfect date is to be home in our comfy pj's. We order food in, or make a pizza and rent a red box. We try to do that at least once a week. Oh and cookie dough ice cream. Cookie dough ice cream must always be involved in a perfect date. We don't watch tv so our nights are spent together. That time at the end of the day is one of my favorites. Cause it's just us. When our kids are old and grown with their own families, it will be just us. So we try to put our relationship first, because we believe that one of greatest forms of love our kids can feel and experience, is seeing their mommy and daddy loving each other.
3. What was the scariest/hardest part about opening your shop?Anytime you put yourself out there, it's kinda scary. But I guess the hardest part was getting past "me". I think that's a struggle for a lot of people. We know what we want to do, we know what we love and what we're good at. We hear God speaking to us to step out, but that part of us thats afraid to fail, or the one that says it's impossible, keeps us from doing it. I finally made up my mind to just take one step at a time and let God lead me. When I let Him guide me, and not my flesh, I knew I couldn't fail. And so I did. And I have loved every second of it.
4. What's the best part about writing your blog?Simply being used by God while doing something I love. I love to write and just being able to let my words reach and touch people that I would never have met in person, is amazing to me. Every email, or word of encouragement that I get that something I wrote inspired or touched someone, is just more confirmation to me of God working through me. A lot of times I will open up my lap top, hit "new post" and ask the Lord what He wants me to write. I write what is in my heart. I'm pretty open about the things I've walked through, because above anything else, I want people to see that their is amazing joy and hope in this life no matter what trials we face.
5. What are some big dreams you have for your shop & blog? I truly just pray that I go wherever God wants to take me. I try not to get caught up in what I think or hope it becomes, because then I find myself losing sight of why I started this in the first place. And that's easy to do. So I have to stay balanced and focused and just keep my hands open saying God everything I have, including this shop and this blog, is for you and your glory. And then just take it one step at a time. I have seen His hand in it in so many ways already. It has been such a joy and blessing for me. I love that parts of me, whether its through my words from a post, or with a piece of jewelry I designed for my shop, reaches people from all over. I love it. And I hope that with every bit of it... people are inspired, empowered, and encouraged. That is my heart.
So, check out Laura's blog and her wonderful shop!
And if you're interested in being a sponsor of Naptime Diaries in September, let us know!