Five Ways to Speak Life . . . RIGHT NOW.
Ok, let's say you're in. You're ready to change the conversation and step into the God-Inspired moves of a woman on holy ground. One of those things? That we GET to do? Is speak life.
There's an entire chapter in Dance Stand Run on speaking life and honestly - I'll feel like it's one of the quickest ways to agree with the holiness God has written over our lives. Here are five ways to speak life TODAY, right where you're at.
1. Tell someone they're the girl/guy for the job. We talk about this a good bit in Dance Stand Run, but it's essentially saying this: we believe God is sovereign and He's placed you where He's placed you on purpose. What's more: this statements insists that He'll give you what you need for whatever He's called you to. Don't overthink it, and do share it. Husband is feeling stressed at work? Remind him he's the guy for the job. Your friend feels overwhelmed with her new baby: she's the girl fro the job. Try it, they'll be blessed!
2. Give them a good greeting. Have you ever noticed in the New Testament letters how important greetings were? Paul and other writers would take multiple verses just to say "HEY! I SEE YOU THERE! SO PROUD OF YOU! GOD LOVES YOU AND HE CHOSE YOU!". Why? Because they could give hard news or correction or weighty updates after a good greeting. A good greeting changes everything. Think about how you want to greet people as you see them today - hurried? Rushed? Distracted? Worried? or thoughtful? Cheery? Loving? Hopeful?
3. Tell them how they've grown. We children of God - we're always evolving. It's one of the most hopeful parts of our existence: we don't have to have it all together, we don't have to be finished - we're held by the gospel and compelled by grace. Sometimes we have to look for the fruit to see where we're growing and where our people are growing and THEN we get to thank God for it. Tell a friend how you've seen them grow, tell them how you've learned more about God watching them, and tell them what you're noticing as they're changing and shifting.
4. Let them take it too far. We started using this phrase in our family and church a few years ago - whenever we saw people holding back because of fear or insecurity. So often, we're scared to bring our full selves, our full voices, our full faith to the table because we're nervous not what about what strangers will think - but those closest to us. I started telling those closest to me that they could take it too far: whether it was using their gifts, their voice, or pursuing their dreams. I didn't worry about them "taking it too far" in bad way, because I could trust the Holy Spirit to guide them where needed to be. At the end of the day: I don't want to be the one reigning them in or holding them down, I want to be the voice spurring them on and encouraging them in their God-given passions.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to give you words for them. This combines two beautiful, holy things that we GET to do! 1) Talk to God and 2) Speaking life! If you know you've got a friend you want to encourage, go in prayer and ask God how He might have you do that. Ask Him for a verse, a word of hope, a picture or some kind of affirmation for them. See if He doesn't give you even better wisdom than the previous four ideas!
Dance Stand Run comes out in just over ONE week. Which means you've got eight days left to preorder and get all our fun preorder gifts! This is just the beginning - let's go! Let's run.